I wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here is my first recipe. I’m sorry, there’s no chocolate in it 🙂 On top of my gluten sensitivity, I am also sensitive to all dairy products, chocolate, egg yolks, soy, beef and pork and caffeine. So my desserts are always made using egg whites rather than whole eggs and no dairy products whatsoever.
As I grew up, one of my favorite desserts was Blondies…but I haven’t had Blondies in a long time as they contain gluten when made using the original recipe. I tried to find a gluten-free version of the recipe but didn’t come up with anything moist and chewy like the original one. I finally came up with this recipe and now I can enjoy a moist and chewy Blondie once in a while. This recipe is a healthy gluten-free remake of the original and tastes really good! But eat in moderation, as it is sweet. I keep it for special occasions only.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 7 tbsp egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup butter (I use soy-free Earth Balance traditional spread)
- 3/4 cup Maple Flakes (I use Decacer Organic Maple Flakes)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set oven temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the dates, butter, maple flakes, egg whites and vanilla in a pot and heat on the stove until dates are soft on medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the almond flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- When the dates are soft, transfer the liquid ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer into a greased (I use coconut oil) 8X8 cake pan.
- Bake in the oven, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy these!
Sorry there are no photos…I’ll have to make a new batch and take pics to add to this post! 🙂