Gluten Free Blondies
Note: These blondies will not be blond like regular blondies but will be dark. The taste is very close to real blondies.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 7 tbsp egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup butter (I use soy-free Earth Balance traditional spread)
- 3/4 cup Maple Flakes (I use Decacer Organic Maple Flakes)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set oven temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the dates, butter, maple flakes, egg whites and vanilla in a pot and heat on the stove until dates are soft on medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the almond flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- When the dates are soft, transfer the liquid ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer into a greased (I use coconut oil) 8X8 cake pan.
- Bake in the oven, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy these!