- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 carrots diced
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 can white kidney beans or garbanzo beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp freshly pressed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Let sit covered while the quinoa cools.
- Mix salad ingredients except for spinach in a large bowl.
- Add cooled quinoa.
- Prepare the vinaigrette and whisk until thickened a bit.
- Add to salad ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of spinach leaves.